The 21st-century 20-something


Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Truth or Truth?

As I've previously talked about at length, I get bored easily.

For the past few years my friends and I have developed a game called Truth or Truth.Well, 'developed' is probably a strong word considering it's basically Truth or Dare for lazy people. It's fun to just sit around with friends and not have to bother with "I dare you to run outside naked," when you know that no one sane is actually going to do that for real.

What intrigues me about Truth or Truth is that you can ask anything and people, ideally, have to tell the truth. This way you can get away with asking personal or borderline inappropriate questions, because the randomness is the best part of the game. And let's be totally honest, the game is at its best when everyone has had a few cocktails.

Truth or Truth is always fun to play with people you've just met because, obviously, you know nothing about them at that point. But I sometimes find it to be more fun to play with close friends that you know really well, because then you have to dig deep for questions you don't already know the answers to. The actual question-asking usually fades after a while and the game almost always leads to a really interesting conversation between old friends and new.

I've gotten myself in tons of trouble with this game because I'm brutally honest with my answers and ask extremely blunt questions. The other day I was playing with a friend of mine, and it while he was uncomfortable with it at first, he totally came around and we ended up playing for hours. It's pretty much just a fun way to get the conversation started.

Try it! Let me know how it goes...the good, the bad, and the ugly!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

« Home | Remember these guys? » | When in Rome, do....? » | I am a Gleek »

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States



Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]