The 21st-century 20-something


Monday, June 14, 2010

When in Rome, do....?

I have been back in Rome for almost three weeks now, which is just about the amount of time it takes to get bored around here.

For the past four years I've been living in Albany while going to college, and just coming home for summers and short breaks. Without fail, every time I hit the two or three week mark, I've seen my friends and had some fun, and then I start to get bored.

Albany isn't necessarily the most exciting city ever, but there is definitely a lot to do. You can go see a local band play at some hip venue, go to a festival in Washington Park, or grab a few drinks at a nice little bar. I need to find things like this to do around here before I start losing my mind completely.

Now I was born and raised in Rome, but I honestly didn't have much time to explore growing up. I was a senior in high school when I got my license, and then left for college a few months after that. But now that I know I'm going to be in the area for a while, I  really want to experience all of the things to do around here. The only thing is, I need help finding out what these "things to do" are.

What are your favorite cool/interesting things to do in or around Rome? I'm talking festivals, markets, shows, plays, museums, bars, restaurants, and any other events you can think of!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! no comments- what is wrong with that picture??? So, have you found anything to do yet? Barbara Lee Pfendler Ruiz LCSW-R

July 6, 2010 at 8:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Kali,

I just discovered this blog! I am also 20-something living and working in the Rome area. Albany is where I went to college as well and after graduating from grad school two years ago, I have had a hard time finding some awesome things to do around here or clubs to join. Have you discovered any since you wrote this blog post in June? Maybe you could do another post?! Let me know, thanks! :)

Kelly

October 24, 2010 at 4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

« Home | I am a Gleek »

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States



Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]