The 21st-century 20-something


Monday, May 23, 2011

Day Trippin'

I've always been the type of person that likes to drive to clear my head. I've spent many a Saturday making a few mixed CDs, filling my tank, and driving around with no destination.

This has always been therapeutic for me, serving as a much needed opportunity to sort through my thoughts or forget them in general. Even with gas prices steadily creeping upwards of $4 a gallon, I'm feeling the need for another weekend drive.

Usually these trips are a bit more spontaneous, but this time I'd like to actually go somewhere and explore on my own instead of just driving a couple of hours out of town just to watch a sunset and drive home.

I've been looking for some semi-nearby day trip destinations in upstate but have failed to find anything to pique my interest. Those who know me can tell you how geographically challenged I am, so the best I can come up with is Old Forge or NYC. Lame.

I know there has to be some kind of undiscovered New York state treasure that I'm yet to visit that could be relatively entertaining.

So please give me some ideas!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you find a place to go have your car towed beyond the Rome City Limits where the police hide behind anything they can,drink free coffee(is this extortion)?Then give you a ticket if they don't like the color of your car.I recently got one for passing a redlight that was green but my being the only car on the road I guess he had no choice but to meet his quota.I am now taking a correspondence course to become an ordained minister as I need the costume to offset the police uniform and give me a slim chance.

June 20, 2011 at 5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

« Home | Cell phone showdown 2011 » | The 36th Annual Rome Home Show » | I am a proud kid of the '90s » | To ink or not to ink? » | Give me a 'break' » | 21st century dating » | Harry Potter Trailer » | School is officially over » | It's Summertime...ugh » | Truth or Truth? »

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States



Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]