The 21st-century 20-something


Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Winter winds

I have had the pleasure of living in Central New York for my entire life. I've always appreciated that we get to experience the four seasons in all their glory. The colors of fall, the snow in winter, the blooming flowers in spring and the sunshine of the summer.

But without a doubt I will find a way to complain about the autumn winds, winter blizzards, spring rain and summer humidity.

And I don't think I'm alone in this.

When it's summer I always wish it was December so I could spend time picking out Christmas gifts and making snow angels -- completely disregarding how much I hate driving in the snow and despise even having to go outside in below zero temperatures.



On the same token, on winter days like today, I wish it was a sunny summer day in July. Again, disregarding the fact that I hate the heat when I'm actually in it, don't like going to the beach, and can't breath in the humidity.

I guess the grass is always greener.

Now I know we've had a more than mild winter thus far, so complaining seems sort of out of line. But I can't help it. I drove to work this morning with sliding all over the roads with visibility barely over 10 percent, and saw a car flipped over on the side of the highway leaving that sinking feeling of doom in the pit of my stomach.

Yeah, yeah I know...for someone who has lived here my whole life I should be used to it, huh? And if I don't like it I should move, right? Well I guess it just comes along with my CNY blood. Does anyone see where I coming from with this or am I just a complainer? (I can handle the truth and I've been called much worse.)

But in honor of our first real snowy/windy day, here's a song called 'Winter Winds' by a great band called Mumford & Sons:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

« Home | X marks the spot » | My Vacation Checklist » | Dissecting divorce rates » | Reaction to Casey Anthony trial » | Contemplating a five-year reunion » | Freedom and justice for...straight people? » | Day Trippin' » | Cell phone showdown 2011 » | The 36th Annual Rome Home Show » | I am a proud kid of the '90s »

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States



Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]