The 21st-century 20-something


Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Things I'm obsessed with this week

As humans, we all go through phases of short-term, intense obsession. Whether it be a television show, video game, book, website...sometimes we find a gem and can't get enough of it. At least for a while.

Here's a few things I'm obsessed with (this week anyways):

Photo courtesy of espn.go.com
Watching the Olympics -- I am not, nor have I ever been, an athlete. But the Olympics bring all Americans together to root for Team USA in beloved events like swimming and gymnastics and even a few less familiar competitions. I mean, did I know who Missy Franklin was before yesterday? Absolutely not. But was I enthralled in her race and super excited when she won the gold? Of course. Next week I'm sure I'll be complaining that I'm tired of watching the events and annoyed that they're interrupting regularly scheduled programming. Meh.
  
Listening to Mumford & Sons -- I often get in music moods where I listen to the same artist or genre for a fairly short amount of time. This week, it's Mumford and Sons. I can't say enough about the musical and songwriting talent of this group, an act that is far under-appreciated in my opinion. If you haven't heard a song by them, do yourself a favor and YouTube one. Any one. I'm yet to hear one I dislike or can't relate to on some level.

Playing SongPop -- A few weeks ago a friend of mine told me to download the SongPop app on my iPhone, and since then I've been playing it constantly. Essentially, it's a music game where you and your opponent are challenged to guess various songs in a chosen genre in the shortest amount of time. Genres include 'Classic Rock,' 'Today's Hits,' and 'Love Songs' among others. I thoroughly enjoy playing this game because winning a round gives you that immediate -- albeit short-lived -- feeling of success and victory. Hey, it's the little things in life, right?

Reading The Onion -- For those of you who've never heard of The Onion, it's a newspaper that produces satirical articles and videos based on current events. Some people find the content highly offensive and inappropriate, but I enjoy it thoroughly. Go ahead, question my character, but before you do at least read one article. I guarantee a laugh whether it's out of humor or horror.

How about you? What are you obsessed with this week?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

« Home | Yes, I talk to myself » | Totally Underrated: Attractive male actors » | It gets better...trust me » | All I have is my word » | Celebrity babies are way cooler than I am » | Important Facebook etiquette » | You can't handle the truth » | Crazy concert memories » | New Summer's Resolutions » | Learn to blog! »

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States



Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]