The 21st-century 20-something


Monday, July 23, 2012

Totally Underrated: Attractive male actors

So I've decided to start a new recurring post called 'Totally Underrated.'

This is where I will list celebrities, musicians, actors, books etc. who in my opinion, are underrated in whichever the chosen category is.

Today I decided to focus on attractive male actors. This is a list of men who are underrated purely on their looks, not their acting ability.

Some of them may be familiar to you -- others are pretty mediocre actors who probably only made it anywhere in the industry because they're ridiculously attractive. More power to them, I say.

While I'm sure there could be hundreds of men on this list, here's what I came up with:
Evan Peters
Best known for: American Horror Story

Photo courtesy of powergrid.thewrap.com



Anyone who has ever tuned into at least one episode of American Horror Story is most certainly familiar with Evan Peters. He has appeared in the past three seasons; once as a moody teen who didn't know he was dead, a man accused of murdering his wife but convinced aliens did the deed, and most recently a zombie boyfriend. I am not a scary movie person by any means, but this kid sucked me into American Horror Story with his noteworthy acting skills, intense way of telling a story on screen, and of course, that adorable face. He is so cute it hurts. Unfortunately for all of us, he is now engaged to Emma Roberts. Boo.

Jensen Ackles
Best known for: Supernatural and a box office flop re-make called My Bloody Valentine

Photo courtesy of www.fanpop.com

I'm going to take this opportunity to openly admit that I am a religious fan of Supernatural. I am also going to openly admit that I still watch the show, currently in its ninth season, primarily because Jensen Ackles is so insanely good looking. Props also go out to an honorary member of the list, his co-star Jared Padalecki. Any woman who tells you the boys are not the main part of the reason they tune in, is lying.


Hayden Christensen
Best known for: Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones and the forgettable Jumper

Photo courtesy of www.stylebistro.com

I fondly remember watching a little-known show called Higher Ground when I was around 12 years old, and staring at this kid in awe. Not to mention the fact that he played a bad boy on the show, so he appeared even more appealing. He's a had a few admirable roles since then, but nothing to land him on the A list. How unfortunate.

Brian Austin Green
Best known for: Beverly Hills, 90210 and Desperate Housewives

Photo courtesy of bloggerforwallpaper.blogspot.com

He's probably known best today as Megan Fox's baby daddy, but any other David Silver fans can tell you we have not forgotten his under appreciated good looks. He was a little scrawny back in his 90210 days, but boy has he come into his own. And the tattoos definitely help. A lot. I have no doubt the Green-Fox baby will be unfairly attractive with these ridiculous genes.

Adrian Grenier
Best known for: Entourage and Drive Me Crazy

Photo courtesy of bestmiamihairsalons.com


Come on, just look at those eyes. This sexy dude played the lead role in one of the most popular late '90s teen flicks Drive Me Crazy, and then basically fell of the face of the planet until Entourage, which has its own respectable cult following. The crazy thing is he looks almost exactly the same as he did back then. Thirteen years did nothing to age him, and I'm sure not complaining.

Dermot Mulroney
Best known for: My Best Friend's Wedding and About Schmidt

Photo courtesy of IMDB.com

I may be bias because My Best Friend's Wedding is one of my favorite movies of all time, but Dermot Mulroney is one of the men on this list that actually has respectable talent as well. Aging has not decreased his attractiveness at all. I think he could hang right there with George Clooney and Matt Damon.

Wentworth Miller
Best known for: Prison Break and....yeah just Prison Break

Photo courtesy of people.zap2it.com

With a name like Wentworth, you would think he'd be more memorable -- but apparently not. After Prison Break, which had only four short seasons, (I mean how far can you go after you actually break out of prison in the finale of the first season?) Wentworth had a few small roles in shows like Law & Order: SVU and House M.D., but hasn't caught another break (haha, get it?) since his beloved stint as Michael Scofield. I'm still unrealistically pulling for this one to make a comeback.

How about you? Who are your favorite male actors underrated solely for their looks?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

« Home | It gets better...trust me » | All I have is my word » | Celebrity babies are way cooler than I am » | Important Facebook etiquette » | You can't handle the truth » | Crazy concert memories » | New Summer's Resolutions » | Learn to blog! » | Winter winds » | X marks the spot »

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States



Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]