The 21st-century 20-something


Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Leave Mumford & Sons alone!

Photo courtesy of columbusalive.com
No, I'm not going to make a hysteric YouTube video in their defense, but I will address those drinking excessive amounts of haterade today.

As you know, I've been obsessed with Mumford & Sons lately, and was beyond excited for them to release their new single "I Will Wait" this morning.

Not surprisingly, they were a trending topic on Twitter where you can read all sorts of comments from the hipster enthusiasts to the down right haters.

Most loyal fans were enthralled with the new single after waiting an excruciating three years for a new album. Others were less impressed. Some say this sounds like every other one of their songs.

If by that you mean it sounds effin' fantastic, then you're right.


Furthermore I would like to add that -- DUH it sounds similar to what they've done -- that's the point. You're supposed to hear it and say, "Yeah, that sounds like Mumford & Sons." You're not supposed to listen and think, "Oh cool, a new Flo Rida song...wait...Mumford & Sons? Wtf?"

Yes, there is a lot of foot-stompin' and banjo-pickin' as always...and it's awesome.

Almost all artists have a 'style' they stick to so when you hear a song you know it's them. It's supposed to be that way. Do most Rihanna songs sound pretty similar? Of course. And you can always tell it's her. She has therefore successfully established herself in her chosen style.

If you wanna talk about terrible songs that all sound the same because the musicians have no talent, go listen to some Nickelback.

Needless to say I enjoyed the single thoroughly and am looking forward to the release of the entire album Sept. 25. And I know that it will showcase their musical and songwriting talents just as much as the last album. I appreciate any musicians that actually play instruments and write their own songs, especially ones who do it well.

Oh yeah, here's the song...judge for yourself:








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

« Home | Things I'm obsessed with this week » | Yes, I talk to myself » | Totally Underrated: Attractive male actors » | It gets better...trust me » | All I have is my word » | Celebrity babies are way cooler than I am » | Important Facebook etiquette » | You can't handle the truth » | Crazy concert memories » | New Summer's Resolutions »

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States



Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]