The 21st-century 20-something


Monday, August 20, 2012

Who wants free tickets to the NYS Fair?

I have not been to the New York State Fair since I was 8 years old.

Sad, but true.

But reading about the events and attractions this year I'm happy to say I will be attending! Hopefully, a few times.

The fair is a hidden gem here in Central New York where you can take your kids to have fun in the Adventure Zone and on all of the rides, visit a variety of food and arts vendors, and be entertained by some of the world's best-selling artists performing at the grandstand or for free at Chevy Court! I mean where else could you go see Neon Trees or Mike Posner for free? Not many places.

They also have special fair days to honor the variety of residents that attend including women, veterans, Native Americans and seniors. I guess if you're a Native American female veteran over 60, your set for five days of fun!

I'm personally super excited for all the music -- from the concerts to the talent showcase. I'm sure I'll get on a few rides and eat A LOT of food. I am probably most excited to visit the 'Uncork New York Wine Village,' but who over 21 isn't?


Now to the part you're all interested in -- the New York State Fair has provided me with two tickets to give away for the NYS Championship Demolition Derby and Double Figure 8 Races on Monday, Sept. 3! This also includes two general admission tickets to the fair and -- the most important part -- a parking pass!

So here's what you have to do to be eligible:
- Go 'like' the Rome Observer Facebook page (if you're not a fan already!)
- I will post this blog article on the page, and you must leave a comment telling us what you're favorite part of the NYS Fair is and why!

On Monday, Aug. 27, we will choose a winner randomly from all of those who commented. We will notify the winner by 5 p.m. via Facebook message and need a response by noon on Tuesday, Aug. 28 or we will choose a new winner.

Good luck everyone and I look forward to hearing about your favorite fair attractions!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

« Home | Watch out...Here Comes Honey Boo Boo » | Leave Mumford & Sons alone! » | Things I'm obsessed with this week » | Yes, I talk to myself » | Totally Underrated: Attractive male actors » | It gets better...trust me » | All I have is my word » | Celebrity babies are way cooler than I am » | Important Facebook etiquette » | You can't handle the truth »

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States



Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]