The 21st-century 20-something


Thursday, October 11, 2012

Things that annoy me...this week

I openly admit that I get annoyed easily -- very easily -- so typically I'm annoyed on some level for the better part of most days.

But so many things already annoyed me this week..I felt like sharing:

Photo courtesy of logan-street.blogspot.com
People who drive under the speed limit. I am by no means a speed demon, although I've been known to have a bit of road rage, but come on people -- drive at least the speed limit. When I'm running late for work driving where the speed limit is 55, I expect you to be going 60, not 50, and certainly not 45. Maybe you have nowhere to be and have all the time in the world to putt putt along, but the rest of us are not trying to live on your timeline. On the driving topic, add also: people who stop abruptly for no reason, people who put their blinkers on and then don't turn, people who turn without putting their blinkers on and people who speed up when you try to pass them.

Cold, rainy weather. I know, it's fall. And I love fall. But I hate the rain. I don't mind the cooler temperatures but I forget how much I hate it being wet AND cold, until the season comes around again. I'm definitely one of those people who complain about the heat in the summer and the cold in the winter, which is why fall has always been my favorite. But rainy weather is really ruining that for me.


Gas prices. As someone who has a 20-minute commute to work every day, gas takes up a lot of my budget. While I do get relatively good gas mileage with my vehicle, it is so frustrating to have to spend $40 - $50 a week, that could be put to much better use, on gas. I remember the good old days when $15 in gas would last me over a week. Sigh.

Douchebag cops. Now don't get me wrong here, I know cops are there to protect us and blah, blah, blah...but it is beyond frustrating to see them breaking laws with no remorse. This week alone I've seen three or four cops on their cell phones while driving and one parked in front a fire hydrant. I mean, really? Knock it off. It reminds me of small children doing what they know they're not supposed to do right in front of your face and then looking at you like "ha ha, what're ya gonna do about it?" I have also seen not one, but a few cops turn their lights on to get through traffic lights and while still in eyesight, shut them off. Talk about annoying. Let me just add a 'thank you' to the cops who actually do their job and stop crime and catch criminals and stuff...it's much appreciated.

YouTube. I am a huge YouTube fan. Really, I am. But it is so annoying that I can get so easily lost in the world of self-uploaded videos of tiger attacks, Mumford and Sons live performances, news bloopers, Jenna Marbles, random covers of awesome songs and dumb things politicians say. I can get on YouTube at 8 o'clock, think it's only been an hour, and suddenly it's midnight, or 2 or 3 in the morning. Then I'm all tired the next day and annoyed that I wasted my whole night watching random videos. If I'm being real I guess I'm more annoyed with myself for being so easily entertained, but I'm going to deflect and blame it on YouTube.

Trust me I could go on for days, but those are just a few things that are getting on my last nerve this week.

How about you? Anything particularly annoying you lately?



1 Comments:

Blogger bunnysmama said...

I accidentally fell into your blog. So glad I did. I enjoy your quick wit!

December 13, 2012 at 3:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

« Home | Education is the most powerful weapon... » | What's in a name? » | Rules to avoid roommate tensions » | Who wants free tickets to the NYS Fair? » | Watch out...Here Comes Honey Boo Boo » | Leave Mumford & Sons alone! » | Things I'm obsessed with this week » | Yes, I talk to myself » | Totally Underrated: Attractive male actors » | It gets better...trust me »

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States



Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]