The 21st-century 20-something


Tuesday, June 18, 2013

I think I'm losing it

At the ripe old age of 25, I think I'm suffering from minor memory loss.

Sounds dramatic, I know.

But for the past few years I've had some very serious trouble remembering things after a short period of time -- even simple things.

Like noticing my hairspray bottle is almost empty and saying to myself, "Don't forget to pick that up at the store." Then going to the store literally an hour later, walking right past the hairspray and going on my merry way, then picking up the bottle the next morning and realizing -- "Damn, forgot the hairspray."

I know this probably happens to most people, and it's not really a "memory loss" issue. Perhaps I'm merely suffering from an intense case of forgetfullness?


A few weeks ago I even went to work and left my laptop at home on my kitchen table. And the laptop is the center of my work universe. I need my computer to do almost every part of my job. How could I forget that? Trust me I stewed about it the entire 40 minutes it took me to drive back home and get it and then drive to work.
Photo courtesy of telegraph.co.uk

After doing some self-diagnosing research online, I think part of my problem is a lack of sleep. I
usually get between 5 and 6 hours of sleep on average, which is obviously less than the recommended 8.

So I've decided I'm going to do an experiment. For the next week, starting tomorrow, I'm going to make a concerted effort to go to sleep early and get 8 hours of much-neede Zzz's. Even on the weekend.

Then, I'm going to take note of my clarity and see if my sense are heightened during the week.

While I'll still be posting on the blog throughout the week, I'll be throwing in some updates on my experiment to let you know how it goes. Any other pointers are also welcome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

« Home | A postive-ly wonderful 2013 (so far) » | I'm so Pinterest-ed » | Averting the crisis » | My Quarter-Life Crisis » | Wanna laugh? » | Things that annoy me...this week » | Education is the most powerful weapon... » | What's in a name? » | Rules to avoid roommate tensions » | Who wants free tickets to the NYS Fair? »

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States



Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]